Funding for 2020/2021 is open!
Want to grow your Roots & Shoots project or expand its impact? Apply for up to $1,000 of project funding from Roots & Shoots Canada.
Given the major shift to online learning and possible barriers to in-person group projects, we will be encouraging classes to look at how they can use digital tools to create online campaigns, along side the typical in-person action projects done by Roots & Shoots groups.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You’re a member of Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots Canada. Join here!
- Your project must take place in Canada. If you are from a different country please contact your local Roots & Shoots group.
- Your project and final report will be completed by June 15th 2021.
- Your project fits into one of our project streams: Sustainable Food, Indigenous Perspectives or Climate Change.
All Roots & Shoots Projects:
- Are youth-led (can be guided by an adult champion).
- Address sustainability issues and make a difference for animals, people, and our environment.
- Encourage knowledge, compassion & action through our 4 Roots & Shoots steps: 1.Engage & Inspire 2. Observe & Map 3.Take Action 4.Celebrate Impact.
- Align with one or more of the 4 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals we are focusing on: Clean and Sustainable Water, Responsible Consumption, Climate Action and Life on Land.
Project Funding Streams
Deadline to apply is December 11th, 2020.
Check back in January to see what projects we fund this year
Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots
Do great things in your community.
Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots began in 1991 when Dr. Jane met with 12 Tanzanian high school students who wanted to tackle urgent problems in their community. Since that meeting, Roots & Shoots groups have multiplied many times over and can now be found in more than 50 countries around the world. Wherever there’s a group, young people are making change that benefits animals, people and the environment.