Funded projects will be posted February 2020
Applications are now closed, and will reopen in Fall 2020.
Want to grow your Roots & Shoots project or expand its impact? Apply for up to $1,000 of project funding from Roots & Shoots Canada.
You are eligible to apply if:
- You’re a member of Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots Canada. Join here!
- Your project must take place in Canada. If you are from a different country please contact your local Roots & Shoots group.
- Your project and final report will be completed by June 15th 2020.
- Your project fits into one of our project streams: Sustainable Food, Indigenous Perspectives or Climate Change.
All Roots & Shoots Projects:
- Are youth-led (can be guided by an adult champion).
- Address sustainability issues and make a difference for animals, people, and our environment.
- Encourage knowledge, compassion & action through our 4 Roots & Shoots steps: 1.Engage & Inspire 2. Observe & Map 3.Take Action 4.Celebrate Impact.
- Align with one or more of the 4 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals we are focusing on: Clean and Sustainable Water, Responsible Consumption, Climate Action and Life on Land.
Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots
Do great things in your community.
Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots began in 1991 when Dr. Jane met with 12 Tanzanian high school students who wanted to tackle urgent problems in their community. Since that meeting, Roots & Shoots groups have multiplied many times over and can now be found in more than 50 countries around the world. Wherever there’s a group, young people are making change that benefits animals, people and the environment.